Monday, January 30, 2012

Words of Faith

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a reward of them that diligently seek him.

 Moved any mountains lately? I haven't either...yet doesn't the bible say if we had faith the grain of a mustard seed we could do that (Matthew 17:20)?? I believe it is the measure of my faith that really determines how joyful, confident and secure in Christ I live my life.

I have a little dog that likes to sleep right behind me on my office chair while I am working. I am not sure why but he stays right there with me until I get up; sometimes I forget he's there but I can always turn around and there he is. We can always be assured that God is with us too - Prov. 18:24 says He's closer than a brother. Our faith can be renewed that He is there by reading his word and seeking him.

We can live with faith and pray with faith - not based on anything we see - not based on anything we do - but based on everything HE is and did for us! Have a great day! CC

No comments: