Friday, February 3, 2012

A Winning Team

Psalms 118
6 The Lord is on my side: I will not fear: what can man do unto me?
7 The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.
8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

 Do you remember PE class? Standing and waiting to be picked for a team? I was never very good at sports so I was usually left standing watching others more capable quickly get called. A person was quickly judged on ability and athletic appearances as captains tried to assemble a winning team. Thankfully, those days are over.  These verses in Psalms remind us that with God on our team we will always win!

  David in verse 6 must be thinking about his opposition and he knows that with God on his side his enemies don't stand a chance! He doesn't even have to worry because God will work out things for him and help him for his good (v. 7) even with his enemies. No one else can ever do that for us! We don't have to put our trust in man who can make mistakes but in God who is the most trustworthy and can truly help us! I hope you are God's winning team! If not, why not ask Him if you can join today?
Have a great day! CC

No comments: