Sunday, February 19, 2012

Be strong and of Good Courage

Deuteronomy 31:6   Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” 

 Philippians 1:6      Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ; 

 I hope the week ahead brings you days full of love, peace and joy. I hope that you'll not have a moment of frustration, fear, loneliness, regret, or insecurity about the tasks ahead. Judging by the previous weeks I've faced, I'm sure to face many, if not all - plus a few more- of those. Life and the troubles at hand can seem overwhelming if we don't take the time to read and pray. Reading just a few scriptures can be just what I need sometimes to give me the confidence and assurance to get through my day, or through a difficult task. 

The two verses above are two that I am going to take with me all week.  I love that  Deuteronomy 31:6 begins with a command to BE STRONG and of GOOD COURAGE! We can be strong because the Lord is the One who is with us. There is no better help than He! He will NEVER leave us!  It's amazing how easy it is to lose sight of that - to lose that courage - to lose our strength - to lose our confidence. I know because I do it too.  This week let's claim these verses as reminders because God isn't finished with us - He has begun a good work in you too! Have a great week! CC

No comments: