Monday, April 4, 2011

Thought Life

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phil. 4:8


I don't know about you, but this verse is where I struggle - keeping my thoughts in check. I could easily get caught up in a state of panic and anxiety over the simplest worry if I am not careful. I know God doesn't want that for me and it all starts with my controlling my thoughts and trusting Him.

I feel like because I have a personality that tends to analyze and internalize, I really have to work at keeping my thoughts from running rampant so it is helpful for me to read a lot of good uplifting books and materials.  I find that there are many resources out there to help keep me encouraged throughout my day, including listening to good music. I subscribe to email listservs and have some favorite websites to check.  How are you keeping your thoughts pure and lovely today? I would love to read about it.

2 comments:

Cindy Mathews said...

When I am stuggling this is the first scripture I turn too.

Chris said...

Cindy,
Thank you for posting! I love to read about what verses help others too. Keep posting!