Monday, January 7, 2013

I never learn...

When you're faced with a problem what's your first reaction?
I am a worrier so I spend  a lot of time thinking about how I can fix it, or maybe how I caused it, or especially how it could get worse...


Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God. 
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 
Phil. 4:6,7

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19

I read these verses this morning and was so thankful to read just what I needed about peace. Unfortunately, I went through my day and didn't think about them again. Problems and stress piled up and a huge concern for my family occurred this afternoon. I was anxious and worried about the situation and how things would work out.  It wasn't until this evening that my thoughts wandered back to the verses and I realized I hadn't prayed about the situation or asked God to supply the need.  He knew I was going to be faced with that need; He was preparing me for it with the verses- I just needed to remember to ask Him for help.

He is waiting to help you with your problems  ... you just have to remember to ask too.