Sunday, May 1, 2011

Help from Above

Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth. 
Psalm 124:8


 If you live in my area you've probably spent most of last week talking, wondering, waiting and worrying about the weather. The weather played quite a role as our lives nearly came to a stop and we waited - wondering what would happen next.   I am not sure why God is sending this weather but I know He is able to help those facing terrible loss through this.  

I've been particularly touched by some of the news reports I've seen. I saw an older couple whose home was flooded in the background and their dripping wet furniture was being loaded in trucks. They spoke of living there for years and this was the first flood. I was so touched with how the woman had to be devastated by the loss, but spoke with certainty that they would be okay - everything is going to be alright. I knew she had to know her help was coming from above.  I hope have the peace that comes from knowing your help comes from above when the storms of life come your way too!


No comments: